Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Intro: Bookwormommy

My name is Julie and I am a mom of two. I have a son who's 3 (4 soon!!) and a 15 month old daughter. When I'm not taking care of them, or cleaning, or taking photos, you're very likely to find me with a book in my hands. This is my blog to keep a record of what I read...if I liked it, my thoughts, my notes to myself on whether I read the next in a series. I am very much a serial reader...that's probably not a real thing...but I do like to read books that continue. Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind....they're heroes of mine because their stories are epic...so long and involved. I hate to say goodbye to characters. I re-read them because I don't want to let them go.

Here lately, I've been reading a lot of YA novels. I'm a 31 year old mom of two and I'm reading books that 16- and 17-year-olds favor. Oh well. A lot of novels written today for young adults fall under my preferred genres, fantasy and science fiction. I love some of the stuff I've read lately. It's really good stuff. Sometime, I'll have to make a list of the books that are some of my favorites from over the years. Here are the novels I've read this year.
2010: Fiction Books I've read this year:

1-3 Circle Trilogy Ted Dekker
4. Under The Dome by Stephen King
5.The Heavenstone Secrets VC Andrews
6. Peeps by Scott Westerfield
7. Breathless by Dean Koontz
8. A Great & Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
9. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
10. The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
11. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
12. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
13. Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog
14. Looking for Alaska by John Green
15. Evermore by Alyson Noel
16. Magic or Madness by Justine Larbalestier
17. Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

I think I've left a few off because I forgot to write them down. That's kinda why I am starting this blog, to keep up with the things I've read. LOL, my memory is not that great.

I am not that good of a writer. I'm not going to write eloquent book reviews extolling the finer points of authors' expositions or berating plot holes or anything like that. I don't read to critique, I read to live it, to enjoy the story. I'll let you know if I think it's a good or great book, or crap that I couldn't finish (very rare) and maybe why, and hopefully my grammar mistakes won't be too glaringly obvious.

Well let me know if you are reading, I love comments:) And follow my blog if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment