Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shiver and Lament

Hm, something's not quite right with this new layout. Should have a date on the tab that's reading as 'undefined'. Gotta figure out how to fix that in a bit.

Well first book post is actually about a new favorite author of mine, Maggie Stiefvater. The first book I've read by her was Shiver. It's about a teenage girl named Grace, her wolf, and a boy named Sam. It's a story about werewolves and love. I really liked this book. One interesting thing is that the POV changes with each chapter between Grace and Sam. I loved being in both of their heads. The next book, Linger, comes out in July. Hopefully I am getting an autographed copy for my birthday (July 17th)! A lot of people have wound up with advanced copies and I must say I am uber jealous. LOL A third book is due out in July 2011, and I will be sad because that would be the end of the trilogy.

I just finished her first novel, Lament. This one is about fairies, not werewolves. Dierdre can see fairies, and they want her~ dead. She is also in love with the fairy assassin sent to deal with her. It's really good; great plot, characters, etc....but I didn't like it quite as much as Shiver, because Shiver was truly something special, and I've got a fondness for werewolves (team Jacob all the way). However, it was a good book, and I have the next book after it, Ballad, on hold at the library. Can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment