Monday, April 19, 2010

Going Bovine by Libba Bray

Going Bovine by Libba Bray, is nothing like the Emma Doyle books. Wow. It's funny and thought provoking, it's a good read. If it ever goes to movie format, it will be a cult classic in the steps of Donnie Darko. Now there were some elements I didn't like, pot smoking, stuff like that. I wouldn't want my kids to read it until they are old enough to not be attracted to something like that. The whole book is trippy though....it reminded me of the swiftly tilting planet books. (Weirdly enough I feel as though I understood those books more when I read them as a kid than when I re-read them a few years ago:/ ) Here: Going Bovine book Summary is a pretty concise synopsis of it. I think my husband would like it more than I did. It was worth reading though. I mean, how often are you ever going to read a book where the main character has mad cows disease?

No comments:

Post a Comment