Monday, April 5, 2010

about time....

Whew! Finally finished The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey. I think this is a series I probably won't be revisiting. I was vaguely interested enough about the story to wonder what happens next: I'll probably look for an online synopsis that gives away the entire plot and ending when the sequel comes out. But I don't really see myself reading the whole thing. This book was about a 12 year old boy, Will Henry, who lives with a doctor of monstrumology after his parents die. In the story, they are battling a creature called the anthropophagi. The story itself was ok, it was just dry and stuffy to me. Probably because it was set in the 1800s (although I did enjoy the Libba Bray books)....oh it had plenty of gore but I lost myself in the language of it and it never was suspenseful for me. I didn't really care about the characters. But lots of people have liked it. So if you have read it, let me know how you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment