Monday, June 7, 2010

i HAVE been reading....

Read a few books over the last week or so.
*Neil Gainman's The Graveyard Book (Boy raised in graveyard by ghosts after family is murdered)
*Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' Hawksong (Girl-hawk shape-shifter and boy-snake shape-shifter must marry to stop a centuries long war between their two kinds)
*William P Young's The Shack (man returns to place of his young daughter's murder to meet with God)

These were all good books. The Shack is thought provoking, and was something that I'll like to read again one day. The conversations between Mack and the different parts of God (think: trinity) were great...I'd re-read it again just for those parts. Hawksong was romantic, and you really root for both sides. I can't wait to read the next one. And The Graveyard Book was good, although I'm not such a huge fan of his as some...I mean the praise is fairly well heaped on the back of the book, but i guess they only do use the most exuberant ones LOL.

I have several books in transit at the library and I really hope some come in tomorrow.

Oh and something really cool! I won an autographed copy of Still Sucks to be Me by Kimberly Pauley. It's a teen vampire novel. Now I just gotta get the first one from the library to read it first!

No comments:

Post a Comment