Wednesday, July 21, 2010

2 more down

Ok... I haven't read too much the last week. But I finished Rick Riordan's Red Pyramid. I liked it although not quite as much as the Percy Jackson series. It followed a brother and sister, Carter and Sadie Kane who are descendants of great Egyptian pharaohs. After their father releases 5 Eqyptian gods, they are able to host 2 of the gods, and have magical abilities. they have to travel to Phoenix to destroy Set, the evil god and the pyramid he is building to gain the power to turn the US (or beyond) into a desert, and hopefully save their father as well. I liked some of the minor characters more than Carter and Sadie though!

I also read Shadowland by Alyson Noel. It was the 3rd one in the Immortals series. It was pretty good although poor Ever just can't listen to what people advise her. If she listened to others she wouldn't get in half the trouble she ends up in. It was good although it didn't solve the problem that was created in the LAST novel...they haven't found the antidote to the cursed antidote. Luckily the next novel (Dark Flame) came out this summer and it's on hold at the library. Yay! Just gotta figure out what to read next. It should be easy though....I have a lovely stack of books I've checked out recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment