Friday, May 21, 2010

Where I am now....

See here, that's what I get for not blogging...I forget what I read. I know I read something else between Going Bovine, and Abarat, but i cant' remember what it is. Some YA books I'm sure. well all I can do is just start keeping track again and hope I don't forget any more, maybe if I think hard I can recall the ones I've read in the last month or so.
I just finished Horns by Joe Hill. My librarian said I should also read his other novel, Heart Shaped Box. I read a blurb about it and realized, I HAVE read it already! I didn't realize then that Joe Hill is Stephen King's son though. Horns was pretty good, I liked the plot though it was a bit crude in spots. I guess I really do prefer YA for it's relative cleanness: none of the YA books I've read ever gets that... crude. (can't think of a better word to describe it)

Right now I am reading Harvest Home by Thomas Tryon. Another grown up book! LOL I am about 100 pages in and still haven't gotten the point of the book yet. Keep wondering when the conflict's gonna start! Usually 100 pages is at least enough to get moving at least a bit.

OOHH my gosh, I remember now one of the books I read after Going Bovine now. It was Secret Whispers, a VC Andrews novel. Possibly the worst book I've read in a few years. This novel... it was vapid, empty, the evil stepmom that I suppose was the antagonist of the story never really even did anything bad. It's one of the reasons I'm trying to read a few heavier books lately. Need to get all that fluff out of my head. ~shudders~

Edit: OH! I also read Blue Moon by Alyson Noel. It was pretty good. can't wait to see what happens in the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment