Sunday, May 30, 2010

Vampire Academy

After I read those books in the below post I was itching for a little bit of my usual fare of supernatural. I read Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. It was weird but not too bad. It was about Rose, a half human half vampire- (a 'dhampir') and the living mortal vampire ('Moroi') princess Lissa that she is sworn to protect from the evil undead immortal vamires ('Strigoi'). After running away from their boarding school they are captured and sent back. Rose is bonded to Lissa and must protect her from the strange things that have been happening.
Have you ever read a novel that's part of a series, out of order of a series? well that's kinda what reading this book was like...constantly referencing to things that have happened in the past. You don't know what's going on, but everything is told by the end. But it just seemed a little jumbled to me. Hopefully the next one is better...but I think it will be. It's a very popular series after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment